Diseases in Medical Astrology
Medical Astrology is a proven and a precious diagnostic tool that leads to fast recovery and lasting cures of the disease. Once a person knows to what diseases he is primarily susceptible, he can safeguard himself from the beginning and thus live a long and healthy life. An expert Medical Astrologer can analyze a person’s birth chart in detail and determine bodily strengths and weaknesses which is proneness to certain diseases and nutritional deficiencies which in turn will help him to use predictive methods to try to determine the severity and duration of diseases in medical astrology.
Cancer: The dreaded term for malignant growths and lumps. Saturn, Moon and dusthanas 6th, 8th and 12th seems to figure prominently in the charts of cancer patients. It relates the Lagna or its lord to the 6th, 8th & 12th house or their lords. These dusthans rule such traumic situations or events as would change the entire course of one’s life. Ketu also plays an important role as it is difficult to detect and diagnose Cancer.
Saturn characteristics of all that hardens, hinders, depletes, and suppresses would seem to be the best fitted planet to be associated with cancer. Moon, ruling the mind, and also all the excretions in the body system would also fit well in this context. All lumps and tumors are the accumulations of secretions that have been clogged or otherwise prevented from normal movement.
A study of several charts of cancer patients has shown a link between Moon and Saturn. This link is found in the Navmasa Chart. This does not mean necessarily mean that all charts where the Moon and Satrum are correlated are cases of cancer. But the majority of cancer cases have the moon-saturn disposition.
If Moon is afflicted in Navamsha chart by Saturn through positioning, aspecting or conjunction, it indicates the disease of cancer. Dashas or directional influences must also be seen for the disease of cancer.
Deafness: There are various combinations given in the classical texts, they are quite general and not applicable in the literary sense. Their principles have to be grasped in order to apply them to individual horoscope. The classical combinations for deafness are as follows:
1. Mercury and 6th lord in one of the trik houses aspected by Saturn.
2. Mercury and the 6th lord in the 4th house with Saturn occupying lagna.
3. Mercury in the 4th house from Saturn and 6th lord in one of the trik houses.
4. Mercury in the 6th or 8th or 12th house aspected by Saturn.
5. Mercury associated with Sun in 3rd, 6th or 11th house opposed by Mars and Saturn.
6. Mercury, Moon and Mars together in the Rahu/Ketu axis in the 3rd or 11th house.
7. Birth taking place at night time with Ven in the 5th house and Mercury occupying the 6th house.
8. Conjuction of Sun and Mercury in houses 3rd ,6th or 11th .
9. Mercury and Ven conjoined in the 12th house lead to defective hearing in the left ear.
10. Malefics located in the 3rd or 11th or 5th or 9th house unaspected by benefics.
Dental Disease: The following are the combinations taken from Jataka Tattva and other texts:
1. Rahu in the lagna or 5th house.
2. Rahu posited in 2nd from 7th lord
3. 2nd lord along with 6th lord associated with malefic.
4. Malefics in 7th house unaspected by benefics.
5. Aries or Taurus signs coinciding with lagna or 2nd house and aspected by or associated with malefics.
Diabetes: The following astrological combinations have been described for Diabetes:
1. Ven in the 6th house aspected by Jupiter from the 12th house.
2. Lord of 5th house in conjuction with 6th, 8th or 12th lords.
3. Jupiter retrograde, afflicted in a trik house.
4. Jupiter debilitated or located in 6th, 8th or 12th houses.
5. Saturn and Rahu afflicting Jupiter by association or aspect.
Epilepsy: The following are the combinations taken from Jataka Tattva:
1. Birth at the time of an eclipse, Jupiter in the lagna or a trine, Saturn and Mars in the 6th or 8th house.
2. Sun, Moon and Mars together in the Lagna or the 8th house aspected by malefics.
3. Moon and Rahu in the 8th house.
4. 6th or 8th house associated with Saturn and Mars.
5. Rahu in the Lagna and Moon in the 6th house.
Eye Disease: Several combinations for eye disease and blindness have been described in the classical texts. These combinations are in general and can not be subjected to a literal application.
I.Poor Vision/Eye Disease: The following combimations may adversely affect the vision:
1. Sun in the lagna- in Aries lagna, it leads to inflammation of the eyes. In Leo lagna, it leads to night blindness. In Cancer lagna, it leads to cataract and in Libra lagna it leads to blindness.
2. Weak Moon aspected by Saturn, unaspected by Jupiter.
3. Sun,Venus and Mars located together in any house.
4. Venus as the 6th lord in the lagna and a retrograde benefic in the 6th or 8th or 12th house.
5. Two malefics in 2nd house.
6. Moon posited in the 6th house without the aspect or association of benefics.
7. 2nd lord and 12th lord together in the 6th or 8th or 12th house from Venus.
II. Blindness: Blindness from these combinations should only be expected if there is sufficient affliction in all the divisional charts and dasha periods also indicate it:
1. Sun in the lagna in Rahu/Ketu axis with malefic posited in the trines.
2. Sun and Moon in houses 6th and 8th: or Mars and Saturn in houses 6th and 8th .
3. Sun and Moon together in the 12th house afflicted by malefic.
4. Sun, lagna lord and 2nd lord posited together.
5. Sun and Moon together in a quadrant, in the 8th Navamsha of a watery sign.
6. Moon in the 2nd house from Sun, afflicted by association or aspect of malefic.
7. Debilitated Moon in the 6th or 12th house associated with or aspected by malefics.
8. Lord of the lagna in the sign of a malefic, in the 8th house.
III. Blindness since Birth:
1. Sun in the Rahu/Ketu axis with Mars and Saturn in a trine.
2. Sun, Moon, Ven, Mars and Saturn posited in any sign.
3. Lagna lord, 2nd lord 12th lord and Ven together in any of the trik houses.
4. Sun, Ven and Lagna lord together in the trik houses.
5. Saturn debilitated and combust, and birth taking place at the time of eclipse.
IV. Injury to Eye:
1. Lords of 2nd, 6th and 10th associating with Ven in Lagna.
2. Mars in 12th and Saturn in 2nd cause injury to the left and right eye respectively.
3. 2nd lord,12th lord and Ven debilitated in Navamsha and afflicted therein by malefic.
Heart Disease: Astrologically, it may be possible to ascertain the susceptibility to develop heart disease from the analysis of a chart. By considering the dasha scheme, it becomes possible to determine the timing as well as the course of illness. In a given horoscope, the following points must be examined to determine cardiac illness:
1. Sun in association or aspect of Mars, Saturn and Rahu/Ketu axis.
2. Sun in relationship with 6th, 8th or 12th houses or lords.
3. Sun in debilitation sign.
4. Sun in Paapkartati, i.e. being surrounded on either side by malefics.
5. Affliction of Leo sign by malefic association or aspect.
6. Affliction to the 5th house by association or aspect of natural malefic or the lords of trik houses from the Lagna, Sun and Mahadasha & Antardasha lords. Predominance of benefic influence on Sun and 5th house/lord indicates conservative treatment and recovery.
7. Affliction to the 5th lord by natural malefic, by lords of the trik houses or by retrograde planets.
8. Affliction to the 4th house from Lagna or from Sun indicates chest complications or surgical treatment of heart disease.
9. Dashas of planets associating with Sun, 5th house/lord and Antardasha of a retrograde planet in the 5th house.
Impotence(Sexual Inadequacy): The following are the combinations taken from Jataka Tattva and other texts:
1. Lagna, Moon and Ven all occupying masculine(odd) signs.
2. Mercury and Saturn in mutual aspect from odd signs.
3. Sun in an even sign in mutual aspect with Mars.
4. Saturn and Ven together in 10th house.
5. Saturn occupying 6th or 12th house from Ven.
6. Moon in an odd sign and Mercury in an even sign both aspected by Mars.
7. Moon and lagna in an odd signs both aspected by mars from an even sign.
8. Sun and Moon in mutual aspect while occupying odd signs.
Injury: The following combinations indicate physical injury to the native.
1. Mars in the 4th house with Sun or Saturn in the 7th house.
2. Mars and Saturn in the Lagna and the Moon in the 8th house.
3. Sun in the 10th house aspected by Mars from 4th house leading to vehicular accident.
4. Sun and Saturn in the Lagna in Rahu/Ketu axis leading to fall from a tree.
5. Presence of malefic in the duadrants.
6. Saturn, Mars and Rahu together in the 8th house.
7. Presence of 4th lord in the 6th house or 6th lord in the 4th house or an exchange between 4th and 6th lords.
8. Saturn in the 4th house, Moon in the 7th house and Mars in 10th house.
9. Rahu or Ketu in 6th or 8th or 12th house with a quadrant or a trine lord.
10. Association or aspect of Mars on the 4th house.
Leprosy: The following are the combinations taken from Jataka Tattva:
1. Lagna lord, Moon and Mercury falling in Rahu/Ketu axis.
2. Mars in the Lagna, Sun in the 8th and Saturn in the 4th house.
3. Moon, Mars and Saturn together in Aries or Taurus rashi.
4. Mercury in Aries, Moon in 10th house and Saturn conjunct Mars in any house.
5. Moon in 4th from Karakamsha lagna aspected by Ven or Ketu.
6. Moon and Ven afflicted by malefic and located in a watery sign.
7. Moon aspected by Mars in 4th from the Karakamsha lagna.
8. Sun or Saturn with 6th lord in the lagna.
9. Mars as the 6th lord in the lagna.
10. Saturn, Mars, Moon and Ven in watery signs under affliction by malefics.
Mental Illness: It indicates certain variations in our day to day behavior, being extreme or unexpected for normal human behavior. Some of the combinations for mental illness taken from Jataka Tattwa and other texts are:
1. Birth in the Hora of Saturn or Mars, Sun-Moon conjuction in the lagna or the 5th or 9th and Jupiter in a quadrant.
2. Jupiter in the ascendant and Mars in the 7th house or vice-versa.
3. Association of Saturn and the lord of the 2nd house witj Sun or Mars.
4. Saturn in the Lagna and Mars in the 5th or 7th or in 9th house.
5. Saturn in the Lagna, the Sun in the 12th house and Mars or Moon in a trine.
6. Saturn in the 12th house associated with a waning Moon.
7. Rahu and Moon in the Lagna, and malefic in the trines.
Piles (Haemorrhoids): The following are the combinations taken from Jataka Tattva:
1. Lagna lord and Mars in the 7th house and Saturn in the 12th house.
2. Sun in lagna, Mars in Scorpio sign and Saturn in the 7th house.
3. Saturn in 12th aspected by Mars and lagna lord.
4. Saturn in lagna and Mars in the 7th house.
5. Saturn aspected by malefic.
Tuberculosis (T.B.): The following are the general combinations for Tuberculosis taken from Jataka Tattva and other texts:
1. Moon conjoined with Saturn and aspected by Mars.
2. Moon and Sun involved in mutual exchange in the rashi or Navamsha chart.
3. Lagna aspected by Mars and Saturn.
4. Ven in association with Lagna lord in any of the trik houses.
5. Mars in the 4th and Rahu in the 12th from Karakamsha lagna.
8th House in Medical Astrology:
The 8th House rules diseases and death. This is the most important malefic house in a horoscope. The 8th lord is the most malefic planet and can destroy any Bhava or House. The 8th lord in the 8th is considered to be good for longevity. All sorts of misfortunes are given by the lord of the 8th.
The 8th House indicates disease, defeat, punishments, accidents, longevity, mode of death & surgery. Saturn, the Ayus karaka or significator of longevity is considered good in the 8th.
To understand whether a disease will be chronic, study the 8th house in detail. Malefic planets spoil the 8th house significations.
Whenever the lord of the 8th house is afflicted by malefic planets, the native undergoes operation connected with reproductive organs and sex.
The malefic houses in Astrology are known as Trika houses, viz. 6th, 8th & 12th.If there are no benefic aspects to the rulers of the 6th, 8th and/or 12th houses, then we should find persons whose planets create harmonious aspects. If that person is the doctor or a healer, healing will be successful.
Malefic planets like Sun, Mars, Saturn as lords of Kendras(1, 4, 7, 10)are benefic. Benefic planets namely Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus as lords of Kendras are malefic, but posited in Kendra are benefic. Benefics hemmed between malefics loose their benefic effects. Benefic aspect of Jupiter reduces malefic results. Aspect of Mars and Saturn give malefic results. Moon and Mercury in association with malefics become malefic.The malefic results will be experienced during the major period, sub period and sub sub periods of malefic planets. Planets posited in 6-8 position cause harm during their Dasha or Antar Dasha periods.
Diseases caused by Different planets in 8th House:
Sun in the 8th: Causes high fever, eye sight defects, urinary tract infections. palpitations and migraine.
Moon in the 8th: causes mental tension, not conducive to good health, can cause Diarrohea.
Mars in the 8th: accidents, operations, tumors, boils, surgery, mental aberrations, if conjunct with moon makes one over-sexed.
Mercury in the 8th : causes paralysis and nervous diseases.
Jupiter in the 8th: gall bladder disease , sleeping sickness, ,pancreatic diseases and jaundice.
Venus in the 8th: diabetes, sexual weakness, diseases of the bladder and an inferiority complex due to mental fluctuations.
Saturn in the 8th: chronic paralysis and tumors. Saturn, Rahu and Mercury in the 8th House indicate that the disease may make a chronic turn.